When I’m feeling like I need some raw greens, this is my go-to salad. Silverbeet contains a lot of minerals and chlorophyll, which is why it has a lovely green color. It’s also highly alkalising. I also use a cider vinegar dressing.
It is an excellent health tonic. It is good for digestion, diabetes, and weight loss. It also helps with arthritis, heartburn, and gout.
- Silverbeet, one large bunch (very finely sliced)
- 1 Red onion (very thinly sliced).
- Half a cup of Roasted walnuts* (chopped).
- Feta – 3/4 of a package (150 grams).
You can also make maple walnuts by adding two tablespoons of pure maple syrup in a frying pan and adding the walnuts. Cook until golden brown. (As they begin to candy, they cook quickly, so make sure you don’t burn them).
- Cider Vinegar, 1/3 C
- Olive Oil – 1/3 C
- Lemon half
- Dijon Mustard Tea 2 Teaspoons
- Honey tea 2 cups
- One crushed clove of garlic
- Use a pinch of Himalayan rock Salt (or something similar).
- Add all ingredients into a jar and shake it well.
- Silverbeet should be rinsed and chopped very finely, like coleslaw. Remove the thick white stems.
- Cut the red onion into very thin slices.
- Add the feta crumbles and walnuts to the salad.
- Dressing to your taste, add the desired amount.