The nuts, seeds, spirulina, and natural protein powder make these Raw Spirulina protein balls very tasty. They are also high in protein. These are great to eat before workouts or for people who are on the go, pregnant women, and nursing mothers. These photos do not accurately represent how green the Balls are.
- Almonds 1 C
- 1 cup of dates
- Pumpkin seeds – 1/2 cup
- Half a cup of sunflower seeds
- Sesame seeds – 1/3 cup
- Half a C of desiccated Coconut
- Nut Butter 2 Tablespoons (I use Almond Butter).
- Use Bodysculpt for Women or Eden Raw Vegan Power Protein.
- Useful serving: 1/3 cup of Coconut Oil
- 1/4 – 1/3 Cup of 100% Honey or Maple Syrup
- Cinnamon 1 teaspoon
- Lifestream Organic Spirulina powder, 1 Tablespoon
- Soak dates in hot water for 10 minutes
- In a food processor, grind nuts, seeds, and coconut to a coarse flour consistency
- Add protein powder and spirulina (optional).
- Blend the mixture and add strained dates
- Continue to mix until all ingredients have been well blended.
- Shape into balls
- Roll the balls in hemp seeds or coconut, adding a little spirulina to give them color. You can also leave them plain.
- Refrigerate until ready for consumption.