Gluten Free Orange Sesame and Cacao Nib Biscuits October 23 2015 by Simone Denny
I've been having a bit of a craving for oranges lately. I recently made my old faithful Gluten Free Orange Cake, which I hadn't made in while and it really hit the spot. Sticking with the orange theme I created these Orange, Sesame and Cacao Nib Biscuits, which were very tasty. They are quick and easy to make, gluten free,egg free, vegan and refined sugar free.
In this recipe I used orange essential oil, which isn't essential for this recipe but definitely gives it a beautiful fragrant orange flavour (plus has plenty of health benefits). After making my Matcha Peppermint Slice using pure peppermint essential oil, I was quite blown away by how amazing food can taste with the addition of a few drops or organic essential oils. As I may have mentioned I use First Light 100% organic essential oil, which is made with integrity and can be safely used in food.
Health benefits to Orange Essential Oil
- Anti inflammatory properties (both internal and external)
- Alleviates anxiety and depression - just the smell can bring about a happy relaxed feeling and an enhanced mood
- Antiseptic - can help fight of microbes and disinfect wounds
- Natural Sedative
- Mild aphrodisiac - can help increase libido
Common methods of use for First Light Organics Essential Oils:
- Vapourizing - add 6-8 drops of essential oil to water in a vapouriser. Apply heat, breathe deeply and enjoy the benefits.
- Massage / Moisturiser - add 3 drops of essential oil to 1 teaspoon of massage oil, mix with fingertips and smooth over the skin (or 5 drops for 10ml of carrier oil).
- Shower - cover the plughole in your shower with a face cloth, dispense 5 drops onto the shower basin and shower as normal, breathing in the steam to be energised.
- Bathing - add 5 drops of essential oil to hot water and agitate the surface, then immerse and enjoy.
- Spritz - add 2 drops of essential oil to a spray bottle of 100ml water. Shake and then mist your face and body with your eyes closed. Enjoy the sensation.
- Compress - add 3-6 drops of essential oil in 200ml of water. Soak a washcloth, then press it into face.
You can use this particular essential oil in baking as I have here. I am very particular about using essential oils in cooking and will only do so if it is 100% certified organic and comes highly recommended.
Orange, Sesame and Cacao Nib Biscuits
Gluten Free, Refined Sugar Free, Egg Free, Vegan, Paleo