Spicy Pumpkin Hummus September 14 2014 by Simone Denny
This is a tasty hummus recipe with flavours of roast pumpkin and cumin. It really is one of those recipes where you need to keep tasting and adding ingredients accordingly - feel free to deviate from the recipe until you get the desired taste.
- 1/4 of a whole pumpkin (about 1½ cups when cooked)
- 1½ cups of cooked chickpeas or 1 can of Chickpeas strained.
- 3 Tablespoons of Carwari Organic Tahini
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 - 3 teaspoons of cumin
- 3 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 -2 teaspoons of himalayan salt
- Good grind of pepper
- 2 - 3 cloves of crushed garlic
Chop pumpkin into medium sized chunks, sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast at 180C for 20 - 30 minutes. Allow to cool.
Add all ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
Adjust to taste with additional cumin, lemon or salt.
Serve with toasted pita bread or raw veggies.