Nourishing Hub Homemade Muesli September 14 2014 by Simone Denny
Feel free to experiment with this recipe - add or subtract any ingredients based on your preference.
This recipe makes 2 - 3 large jars (you may consider halving the recipe)
- 1kg or about 8 cups of organic rolled oats (not quick oats, I use Jumbo oats - lower GI)
- 4 C of puffed rice
- 2 C of puffed quinoa (use puffed rice instead if you don’t have this)
- 2 C of shredded coconut
- ¾ C wheatgerm (optional)
- 2 C of pumpkin seeds
- 2 C of sunflower seeds
- 1 C of sesame seeds
- ¾ C 100% maple syrup (or agave, honey or rice syrup)
- ¾ C of coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 2 – 3 teas of cinnamon
- 500gms of chopped brazil nuts or macadamia nuts
- 1 - 2 C of Gojis (add to your liking) or raisins or cranberries (or a combination)
- Chopped dates (optional - add to your liking)
- Chia seeds (optional)
Preheat the oven to 200 C on fan bake
Add all dry ingredients to a large baking tray.
In a pot melt coconut oil, maple syrup and cinnamon until ingredients are combined.
Pour liquid over the dry ingredients and mix well.
Bake in the oven, turning every 5 minutes – continue until the muesli starts to turn a golden brown (20 – 30 minutes).
When the muesli is cool add chopped nuts and chopped fruit.
Store in airtight jars.