Beetroot Coconut Salad September 18 2014 by Simone Denny
This is a delicious Beetroot, Apple and Beetroot Salad. It has a sweet flavour from the beetroot and apple and a tartness from the dressing.
- 3 cups of grated beetroot
- 2 cups of grated apple
- 2 – 3 tablespoons of raisins/sultanas or dried black cherries
- 1 cup of shredded coconut (lightly toasted)
- ½ cup of toasted pine nuts
- 1 bunch of chopped mint
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 100ml Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon Honey
Grate beetroot and apple and mix in a salad bowl, add ¾’s of the toasted coconut(save the rest to sprinkle on the top) pine nuts, raisins and mint.
Add dressing ingredients to a jar and shake well.
Pour dressings over the salad and garnish with mint leaves and coconut.