Alkalizing Silver Beet Salad September 16 2014 by Simone Denny
This is one of my favourite salads to make when I feel I need a good dose of raw greens. Silver beet is rich in minerals and loads of chlorophyl (hence the lovely green colour), which makes it highly alkalising. I also use a cider vinegar dressing. Cider vinegar is a wonderful health tonic for so many reasons. It can aid in digestion, diabetes, weight loss, arthritis, heartburn, gout...the list goes on.
- 1 Large bunch of Silver beet (very finely chopped)
- 1 Red Onion (very finely sliced)
- ½ C of Roasted Walnuts (chopped)
- ¾ of a packet of Feta (150gms approx.)
- 1/3 C of Cider Vinegar
- 1/3 of C of Olive Oil
- Half a large lemon
- 2 teas of Dijon Mustard
- 2 teas of honey
- 1 clove of garlic (crushed)
- Pinch of Himalayan rock salt (or similar)
- Add all ingredients to a jar and shake well
Rinse Silver beet and chop very finely (like fine coleslaw) and remove the thick white stems.
Chop red onion very finely in very thin slices.
Mix the above in a salad blow and add crumbled feta and roasted walnuts.
Add your desired amount of dressing to taste.