Cauliflower Salad with Yogurt and Pomegranate September 18 2014 by Simone Denny
- 1½ cauliflower heads, cut into bite sized florets
- 1T of olive oil
- Pinch of coarse salt
- ½ C of sliced almonds (dry fired in a fry pan) or chopped tamari almonds
- ½ C of sour cherries (mine tend to be sweet even though they are called sour!) or large raisins (black or golden)
- 1 red onion
- ½ C of pomegranate arils
- Large handful of mint leaves
- Handful of coriander (optional)
- 600g of Greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- Juice of half a lemon
- Pinch of salt
Heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
Place cauliflower in a baking dish, drizzle cauliflower florets with olive oil and season with salt. Roast, turning occasionally, until golden brown and just tender, for about 30 minutes.
Pan fry sour cherries (or raisins) until they darken.
Slice onion in thin rings and cook over low heat until they turn a golden brown (caramelise).
Mix half the cherries, onions, nuts, pomegranate and herbs through the cauliflower.
Combine yogurt, lemon, garlic and a pinch of salt and pour this over the cauliflower (in a serving dish)
Sprinkle the remaining half of the cherries, onions, nuts, pomegranate and herbs on top of the yogurt.