Grilled Peach Summer Salad September 16 2014 by Simone Denny
It's time to make the most of all those lovely fresh peaches while they're in season - yum! This is a very simple/quick salad to make and always reminds me of summer.
- 4 -5 peaches (fairly firm but ripe white or golden)
- 100g Rocket (or similar)
- Fresh mozzarella balls
- 1/2 cup roasted pecans (or roasted hazelnuts)
- I bunch of fresh basil
- 1/3 c of balsamic vinegar (or pomegranate vinegar)
- 1/3 c olive oil
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 1-2 teaspoons of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of Himalayan rock salt
Slice peaches into wedges, chargrill with a small amount of olive oil on a hot griddle pan or on the bbq (about 5 - 6mins or until they marked with the grill mark). Allow to cool.
Remove the stems of the basil and keep leaves whole and mix with other salad ingredients in salad bowl .
For the dressing, shake all ingredients in a jar and pour desired amount over salad (don't over dress)