Quinoa Stuffing with Fresh Herbs and Pistachio Nuts September 16 2014 by Simone Denny
Being a vegetarian I'm more interested in the accompaniment than the meat itself, which is why I love making this quinoa stuffing. It can be used for roast chicken but can also be used in vegetarians dish such as stuffed peppers.
- 1 cup quinoa, well rinsed in warm water
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Lemon zest from one small lemon
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 apple peeled and grated
- 3 tablespoons of cranberries
- 3 Tablespoons of pistachio nuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 4 - 6 sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Salt and Pepper
Rinse quiona and then bring to a rapid boil with the stock, turn heat down and simmer till water is absorbed and quiona is cooked (15 – 20 mins).
Fry the onion in olive oil until translucent.
Add all remaining ingredients to the quiona and mix well.
Stuff Chicken or Vegetable with quionaa stuffing and cook accordingly.