Banana Nut Loaf September 16 2014 by Simone Denny
I love this recipe because it's so quick and easy to make, it has no refined sugar and can be easily made as a gluten free option.
Combine in a large bowl:
- 2 c whole brown rice flour (or whole meal flour)
- 1/2 c desiccated coconut
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 lg very ripe bananas (about 1&1/2c) - mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 c of honey (or brown sugar, maple syrup or apple puree)
- 1/2 c rice milk or milk or milk substitute
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 c chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 c chopped dates
Add wet ingredients to dry, mix until combined and then add nuts and dates.
Pour into a greased loaf tin.
Bake at 180C for about 50 min - a knife inserted in center should come out clean.
Wait 10 minutes before removing from pan and placing on a rack to cool.
PS: notice no butter or oil required :)