Danielle's Mixed Seed Bread September 16 2014 by Simone Denny
Serves 10 ● Prep: 15 mins ● Cook: 1 hour
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup linseeds
- 2 tbsps. black chia seeds
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 1 ¾ cups quinoa flakes
- 1/3 cup psyllium husk
- ½ tsp. sea salt flakes
- 1½ cups water
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsps. rice malt syrup
- Grease a medium 12cm x 22cm loaf pan. Line base with baking paper.
- Place seeds, almonds, quinoa flakes, psyllium husk and salt in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Combine water, oil and syrup in a medium jug. Add to dry ingredients. Stir until well combined. Spoon into prepared pan. Press in with the back of a spoon. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 1 hour, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack. Cool completely.
- Cut cold bread into slices. Serve with your favourite toppings.