Thai Inspired Quinoa Fish Cakes September 16 2014 by Simone Denny
Serves 2, For a light dinner.
PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 200 grams wild Alaskan salmon (or cooked salmon)
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves and stems, chopped
- 3/4 - 1 large red chilli, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup quinoa flour
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 kaffir lime leaf, finely shredded
- 1/2 lemon, zest and juice
- A pinch of Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
- 1 heaped teaspoon coconut oil (2 if runny)
Combine all ingredients (bar coconut oil) and form into 4 even patties. If the mixture is too sticky, add a little extra quinoa flour.
Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Cook the patties for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden.
Serve with a light side salad and a dollop of lemony mayonnaise if your heart (or tummy) so desires.