Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Soup with Kaffir Lime and Lemongrass Infusion August 09 2015 by Simone Denny 1 Comment
We are fortunate to share this delicious recipe from Shakti Grace. This recipe is from her food delivery company called Nourished + Nurtured.
The soup is a rich, creamy Asian inspired soup that can be enjoyed by the whole family. I didn't have lemongrass powder so I used one stem of fresh lemongrass that was added to carrot and onion mixture. I also added coconut milk in place of a cup of water at the end.
Approx – 6 x 400 gram serving
500 gram Pumpkin, peeled chunks
800 gram Sweet Potato, peeled chunks
(rub with coconut oil and coriander and lemongrass powders – 1 tsp mixed)
150 gram Carrot cubed (approximately 1-2 carrots)
1 large Turnip peeled, cubed
150 gram Onion, chopped (1 medium onion)
10 gram Garlic, chopped ( 3 gloves)
10 gram Ginger, chopped
2 Coriander Root + Stem chopped
5 Fresh Kaffir Lime Leaf Spine removed – shredded finely
1 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
1/4 -1/2 tsp Lemongrass Powder
1 Tbls Vegetable Stock Paste – heaped spoon or to taste
6-10 cups Filtered Water to desired consistency
1/2 tsp Black pepper ground
Handful Coriander Leaves
- Roast Pumpkin and Sweet Potato, with sprinklings of Lemongrass powder and Coriander powder over the root veggies mixed with coconut oil.
- Sweat Carrot, Onion, Garlic, Ginger, Coriander Root, Kaffir Lime, Spices until soft and fragrant in Coconut Oil
- Add Turnip, Roast Veggies,Water and Paste
- Simmer – Cool – Puree – add Handful of Coriander Leaves and blitz quickly again.
- Add water to desired consistency