Asian Vegetable Salad with Miso Dressing March 14 2019 by Simone Denny
You know you have made a shareable recipe when you make it and your Mum asks you to write out the recipe. The secret to this salad is the dressing – if you love a Japanese Miso dressing, you will love this.
The salad is full of healthy brassicas and a great way to incorporate a beautiful array of colourful vegetables into one dish. The dressing is inspired by what use to be my favourite London café back in the day – Fresh and Wild, I spent many happy days eating my way through their wonderful salads and dishes there
- ¼ of red cabbage (small to medium in size)
- 3 carrots
- 1 small fennel bulb
- 8 -10 brussels sprouts (medium to large)
- Coriander (small bunch)
- 3 -4 tablespoons of toasted sesame seeds
- 150gm of organic tofu (non-GMO)
- ½ cup of olive oil
- ½ cup of cold water
- 3 tablespoons of miso paste
- 3 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of maple or honey or rice syrup.
- Finely slice red cabbage, brussels sprouts and fennel and add them to a large salad bowl.
- Grate or spiralise the carrot and add them to the salad.
- Add chopped coriander and toasted sesame seeds and set aside.
- Add all ingredients to a Nutribullet or food processor and mix until smooth.
- Pour dressing over the salad so it is well covered (I use a generous amount).
- You will have dressing left over, which you can use as a dip or dressing.