Deliciously Healthy Orange Chocolate truffles – Nut-free March 27 2018 by Simone Denny
These melt in your mouth Raw Orange and Chocolate Truffles are such a wonderful recipe. They were created by a special family friend Marie Anne Theuerzeit and she kindly agreed to share them with you.
These orange truffles are perfect for people with nut allergies or anyone who chooses to be nut free. They are also dairy free, refined sugar free, vegan and delicious.
Orange Chocolate Truffles
- 2 oranges
- 1 small packet of fresh Medjool dates (225gms)
- 1 cup of cacao powder
- 1 cup of shredded coconut
- Cacao for rolling
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup (if you prefer them a little sweeter)
- 6 – 10 drop of organic orange essential oil (for more orange flavour)
- Wash oranges
- Peel about 6 large strips (a couple of cm's wide) of orange peel from the outside of the orange and place it in the food processor (this is will give it the orange flavour, so add more if necessary)
- Cut oranges in half and slice around the inner edge of the orange. Scoop out all of the pulp and juice and place it in the food processor.
- Add pitted adds and process until smooth.
- Once blended add 1 cup of good quality Cacao powder and 1 cup of shredded coconut.
- Blend until smooth and creamy
- Place the mixture in the fridge for 20 minutes, this sets the mixture slightly and it is easier to roll into balls (you can skip this step if necessary but I find it helps).
- Roll into small balls and roll in raw cacao (or desiccated coconut if you prefer)
- Keep orange truffles in the fridge
Note - do note try putting the whole oranges in, I tried this and wouldn't recommend