Golden Seed Salad Topper August 24 2018 by Simone Denny 1 Comment
Do you ever make a salad and think it just needs something else? Well, I think this is the something else. This seed mix has so many wonderful nutrients and healthy fats, plus the wonderful benefits of turmeric too. This has become a standard addition to my salads recently.
- 2 cups of sunflower seeds
- 1 ½ cups of pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup of sesame seeds
- ½ of linseeds
- ½ cup of chia seeds
- ½ cup of chopped macadamia nuts or almonds (optional)
- 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons (not more) of good quality olive oil
- Heat oven to 190C
- Mix seeds (and nuts if using), turmeric and salt in a large baking tray
- Add olive oil and mix well
- Bake for about 20 - 25 minutes or until golden. This will require turning the seeds regularly (3 - 4 times while baking) so they are evenly toasted.
- Cool and store in an airtight jar.
- Sprinkle over your favourite salad.