Grain Free Double Chocolate Bean Biscuits May 08 2019 by Simone Denny
Vegan, Grain Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
I love these biscuits! Who knew that you could make yummy grain-free biscuits out of white beans? Well, I recently discovered you can. They are quick to make, very high in protein, from the beans and nuts and they make a generous batch. My girls gave these the thumbs up for school lunches.
- 1 can of cannelloni beans or other white beans (or 1 cup of soaked and cooked white beans)
- 2 cups of almonds (roasted or unroasted)
- ½ cup of cacao powder
- ½ cup of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 100g of good quality dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Grease a flat baking tray and set aside
- Put all ingredients in the blender, accept the chocolate and blend until fairly smooth (a bit finer than crunchy peanut butter).
Option 1: chop dark chocolate into chunks and stir into the mixture OR
Option 2. Melt the dark chocolate and spoon a teaspoon onto the top of each biscuit (after they have cooked and chilled).
- Roll mixture into balls – approximately the size of a heaped dessert spoon (bliss ball size) and place them on the tray. Flatten the biscuits with a fork.
- Bake for 25 minutes
- Cool on a baking rack
- If following option 2 (above) add chocolate to the top once cool.