Pea, Mint and Courgette Soup May 05 2017 by Simone Denny
A beautiful nourishing soup and an excellent way to get your greens in. It is quick and easy to make and has a delicious minty flavour.
1 medium onion
2 cloves of garlic 1 tablespoon of coconut oil (or oil of your choice
500 gms of courgettes ( zucchini)
3 cups of peas (frozen or fresh)
1 medium sweet potato (diced)
4 cups of vegetable stock
1 bunch of mint (chopped)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Gently heat oil in a large saucepan, add onion and garlic and cook until translucent.
- Add chopped courgettes, sweet potato and peas and stir for a few minutes. Add stock and bring to the boil. Simmer until vegetables are cooked through.
- Remove from heat and add mint.
- Blend the soup with a hand blender or in the food processor until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.