Super Speedy Banana Oat Cookies November 16 2018 by Simone Denny
These have to be the quickest cookies to make on my website. I am pretty sure I can have the whole recipe done and ready to go in the oven in about 5 minutes. I often make them before we head out the door for school and they’re ready to go in the lunchboxes.
These speedy banana cookies are also pretty fail-proof, you can add in all kinds of seeds, nuts, and extras and they always seem to work out.
These are also great when you are running low on key ingredients as they require no milk, flour, baking powder, sweeteners or eggs! Needless to say, they are vegan, dairy free and wheat free.
Note - these are best eaten on the day they are baked and few days after.
- 2 bananas (mashed)
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 3/4 cup of shredded coconut
- ½ cup of peanut butter or nut butter
- ¼ cup of whole flaxseed (linseed)
- ½ cup of goji berries, raisins or chopped dates or dried apricots (or a combination)
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Add all ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
- Roll one tablespoon of mixture into a ball and then gently flatten with a fork and place on a lined tray.
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Best eaten on they date but will last up to a week in an airtight container.