White Bean and Feta Green Dip September 20 2018 by Simone Denny
I am a big campaigner for making your own dip. Firstly, almost every dip you find in the supermarket has added preservatives, fillers and they often contain canola oil, which is one of the most heavily sprayed crops – which worth thinking about. Secondly, when you make your own dip it makes twice as much for half the cost. Lastly, the dip is the easiest thing to make, you throw everything into a blender (or use a whizz stick) and voila you are done.
A couple of years ago I discovered a beautiful natural dip in Byron Bay, I remember looking at the packet and noting that I could make that. I don’t remember the exact ingredients but this recipe is inspired by that dip.
- 1 cup (or can) of cannellini beans or butter beans
- ½ an avocado
- ½ cup of pumpkin seeds
- 150g of feta cheese
- 1 clove of garlic (crushed)
- 1 bunch of coriander leaves (about ¾ of a cup)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon (about half a lemon)
- 2 teaspoons of cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend well
- (note there will be a little bit of crunch from the pumpkin seeds)
- Adjust the taste with salt, lemon and pepper.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container.
- Serve with your favourite crackers and/or vegetables.