Stress Buster Re-energiser Smoothie Recipe September 14 2014 by Simone Denny
Are you feeling a bit burnt out? Too much stress? Not enough rest? Running low on engergy? Perhaps the body needs some extra antioxidants to keep up with your busy lifestye!. The basil in this smoothie is a great anti-inflammatory and antioxidant and the cacao powder has a high ORAC value, making it an excellent antioxidant too. The greens of course make it a wonderful alkaliser at a time when the body can easily become too acidic.
- 1 C of kale/silverbeet or similar greens
- 1 C of fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp supergreens or spirulina
- 3 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp maca powder
- 1 Tbsp of bee pollen (great for immunity)
- 2 bananas
- 1 C of blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- ¾ C of coconut water or rice Milk or whatever you prefer
The smoothie will look chocolatey but will still have a green taste to it, if you prefer a sweeter taste add handful of prunes or dates.
Mix all ingredients in blender and enjoy!