Avocado Chocolate Mousse - Raw September 16 2014 by Simone Denny 1 Comment
My lovely friend Nicky Staples originally introduced me to a variation of this delicious recipe. We made it on one of our wholefood yoga retreats and it was instant hit. The recipe is dairy free, vegan and very moreish! No one will guess the main ingredient is avocado!
- 3 Avocados (about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons of Coconut Sugar (or alternative)
- ¾ cup of Maple Syrup
- 2 teaspoons of Vanilla Essence
- 1 teaspoon of Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon of Tamari
- 2 tablespoons of Coconut Oil
- ½ cup of good quality Raw Cacao
- Berries for decoration (optional)
Add all ingredients except the cacao to into a food processor and blend until smooth. Once blended add the cacao and blend accordingly.
Pour the mixture into individual glasses and refrigerate before serving.
Sprinkle berries on top prior to serving.