Gluten Free Lemon Coconut Loaf June 21 2018 by Simone Denny 1 Comment
- 1 cup brown rice flour or gluten free flour of your choice (I like spelt flour as a non-gluten free option)
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 cup coconut milk (or Greek yogurt if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup Coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 – 2 Tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons of maple syrup (or rice syrup or sweetener of your choice)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 1/4 cup Coconut sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut oil, melted
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease and flour an 8 by 5-inch loaf pan.
- Add flour, almond flour, coconut, baking powder, and salt into a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together the coconut milk or yogurt, coconut sugar, eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest, and essence. Slowly whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Heat coconut oil and maple syrup till melted. With a rubber spatula, fold the wet mixture into the batter. Mix until it forms a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center of the loaf, comes out clean.
- Gently heat the glaze ingredients in a small pot (just to a low simmer).
- When the cake is done, allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes then carefully place on a baking rack. While the cake is still warm, pour the glaze mixture over the cake and allow it to soak in. Cool before slicing. I used toasted coconut chips - sprinkled on the top.